I know, I know… this is getting kinda boring but we’ve been really enjoying the variety of breakfast quiches I’ve been coming up with. This crustless sausage & spinach quiche is easily customised to whatever ingredients you have available.
For this one I didn’t even have to go to the market, as the sausages and spinach were already in my freezer. The snags were pork & ginger from Feather and Bone, the best quality you can possibly get: pastured-fed pork, no fillers (and therefore grain- and gluten-free), and amazing flavour.
This recipe is gluten-free (depending on the sausages you use) and low-carb.
Crustless sausage & spinach quiche
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 kg good quality sausages I used pork & ginger from Feather and Bone
- 500 g frozen spinach
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat spinach in the microwave according to instructions, drain.
- Chop sausages in chunks.
- Cook sausages in coconut oil (leave 1 tablespoon).
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the other tablespoon of coconut oil and grease the bottom of a large pyrex container. Distribute sausages evenly, cover with spinach, pour whisked eggs on top and bake until set, 40 - 50 minutes.
- Cut in portions and serve, or keep in the fridge/freezer for later.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.