I am an Accredited Practising Dietitian member of the Dietitians Association of Australia and Sports Dietitians Australia. In addition, I am an accredited ISAK Level 1 Anthropometrist and a Certified Krav Maga Instructor.
My professional life started as a software and data developer. My passion for food and cooking led me to enrol in a commercial cooking course. Around the same time, I started training martial arts and became fascinated with the impact of diet on health and performance. This led me to pursue a Bachelor of Science (Nutrition and Metabolism) and a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics, both at the University of Sydney.
I am an advocate of the importance of personalised nutrition and daily movement to achieve optimal health and performance. I believe that nutrient-dense, minimally processed foods should be the foundation of any healthy diet. The specifics will depend on each individual’s biology and circumstances.
As a native Peruvian, I speak Spanish and I’m biased toward Peruvian food (you will notice this in my recipes, which come from my former food blog). I practice Buddhist meditation, Krav Maga, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Olympic weightlifting.
Qualifications and memberships
- Master of Nutrition & Dietetics, The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition and Metabolism), The University of Sydney
- Accredited Sports Dietitian, Sports Dietitians Australia
- Accredited Level 1 Anthropometrist, The International Society for the Advancement of Anthropometry (ISAK)
- Level 2 Krav Maga Instructor, Krav Maga Israel
- The Low FODMAP Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Monash University
- Nutrition and IBD for Dietitians, Crohn’s & Colitis Australia
- ASCIA Anaphylaxis Refresher e-training 2022, Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy