Another egg-based breakfast recipe featuring Trunkey’s products. This time it was the turn of everyone’s favourite: bacon. I used a mix of nitrate-free smoked and plain bacon, feel free to use your favourite.
Yield: 8 – 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 500g good quality bacon (preferrable nitrate-free)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 small bunch of dark leafy greens (I used beetroot leaves)
- 16 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grate zucchini, place on a sieve or colander and press to get rid of as much water as possible.
- Wash and spin dry dark leafy greens, chop them coarsly.
- Chop bacon as desired (I like it in 1×2 cm pieces).
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee or butter in a big pan.
- Add bacon and cook until golden.
- Add zucchini, mix well and cook briefly. Add leaves until they wilt and turn off heat.
- Melt the other tablespoon of ghee or butter and grease the bottom of a large pyrex container. Distribute bacon mixture evenly, pour whisked eggs on top and bake until set, 40 – 50 minutes.
- Cut in portions and serve, or keep in the fridge/freezer for later.