This peanut butter protein banana bread is great for breakfast, morning tea or afternoon tea. Because it’s high in protein, it also qualifies as a great post-workout snack. This treat is gluten-free and can be dairy-free. In addition, it does not contain added sugar.
Notes on ingredients:
- I think this is common knowledge by now, but in case you didn’t know: super ripe bananas make the best banana bread
- You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter, as it will be ground further in the food processor anyway
- I used natural whey protein isolate from True Protein but you can use any type of whey or plant-based protein powder as long as the flavour is neutral(ish). By this I mean: natural (a.k.a. unflavoured) or vanilla. I imagine 180 Nutrition‘s coconut superfood protein blend would work, as would True Protein‘s raw coconut or banana honey whey proteins. If you are using unsweetened protein powder, you might want to add some sweetener to taste (if so, I recommend a natural sweetener such as stevia and/or monk fruit).
Peanut butter protein banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavoured protein powder (see recommendations above)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sweetener (optional)
- butter or peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Place bananas, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla essence in the bowl of your food processor. Process until well mixed. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mixer or blender.
- Add psyllium husk, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sweetener if using.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter in a loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Serve warm out of the oven or toasted, with butter or peanut butter.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you use them to purchase a product, I will get a commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to products that I personally use and/or recommend.