This is an easy, tasty recipe that makes good use of leftover frozen vegetables. You can have it for breakfast or serve it with a big salad for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 chorizos
- 1-2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1.5 cups frozen or cooked fresh spinach
- 1.5 cups frozen or cooked fresh cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 9 eggs
- 100-150g semi-firm cheese, such as tasty or havarti, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Slice the chorizos.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan at medium heat and cook chorizo. Place at the bottom of a small roasting dish.
- If using frozen vegetables, put them in a bowl and microwave until thawed. Drain excess water.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the vegetables and cheese. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chorizo.
- Cook until eggs are set and top is brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with salad and/or fermented vegetables.