Marley Spoon is one of the biggest meal kit vendors in Australia. Their focus on sustainability includes the use of local ingredients and reusable/recyclable packaging.
Google tells us the company hails from Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2014. They are currently present in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and the USA.
Marley Spoon meal kits
Marley Spoon offers two plans: 2-person and 4-person box. For each of them you can choose from 2, 3 or 4 meals per week.
Price per meal
The price per meal, including shipping, is in the graph below.
The following tags will help you identify which meals to choose:
- Dairy free
- Low carb
- No added gluten
- One pot meal
- Optional spice
- Three veg & meat
You can set up your taste profile so that only matching meals show up in each week’s selection. The options are:
- I am vegetarian – exclude meat
- I like pork
- I like beef
- I like poultry
- I like lamb
- I like shellfish
- I like fish
- I like spicy
You can also purchase a fruit box $24.90 in addition to your meal kit. For a limited time, there is also a Tanqueray Box on offer, which consists of a Korean dinner party for six with gin and tonics.
My Marley Spoon meal kits experience
- There’s a good variety of meals to choose from
- I was able to find a few gluten-free lower-carb options (my preference)
- There are less options of number of meals per week than in other meal kits. This can be good or bad depending on your preference.
- The ingredients for each meal come in a separate paper bag with the recipe name on the label, which is very handy
- Meat, dairy, etc. come in a separate bag with ice packs to keep them fresh
Recipes and instructions
- Recipes are easy to follow, contain cooking tips, etc.
- The recipe cards look expensive, I’m not sure how much they add to the cost of the meals
Taste and portion size
- Most recipes tasted great
- Portion sizes were generous
For more general information about meal kits, check out this post.
For more information go to Marley Spoon's website.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you use them to purchase a product, I will get a commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to products that I personally use and/or recommend.