I’ve been using this awesome recipe for roasting chicken for the past few months. It’s simple and fool-proof, and it gives you the flexibility of using any spices you want. I often use a mix of rosemary and sage salts or a mix of rosemary and lemon salts. This time I used a mix of Moroccan spices and paired it up with cinnamon-y pumpkin and broccolini. Delicious!
Fragrant roasted chicken with cinnamon pumpkin and broccolini
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 chicken (pastured if possible)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Mix the spices to season the chicken. Follow Simone’s instructions.
- Peel and cube pumpkin.
- Place in a baking sheet, season with cinnamon and salt and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes, until soft.
- Steam. Serve with chicken and pumpkin.