Confession time: despite being Peruvian, I don’t like maca. I do try to get some in my diet because it’s meant to help with hormonal balance, but I have to find ways to disguise its flavour. I’ve been making a smoothie mix with the dry ingredients listed below, which I multiply 3 or 4 times and store them in a jar, making it easy to chuck in the blender in the morning.
I’ve used avocado and/or coconut milk for thickness and fat content. I don’t use any sweetener (IMO you don’t need any if using coconut milk, anyway) but that might be overkill for you, so go ahead and add your sweetener of choice.
Cacao maca smoothie
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon collagen hydrolysate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon greens powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 avocado or 1/4 cup coconut milk
- optional sweetener, to taste
- Mix in a blender until smooth.
recipe, chocolate, cacao, maca, smoothie, avocado, breakfast