I make variations of this salad every time I cook a Peruvian-themed meal. What makes it Peruvian? The avocado, palmitos, botija olives and the fact that is seasoned with lime juice and olive oil. Serve as a side for pretty much anything.
Ensalada de palmitos y palta (hearts of palm and avocado salad)
Yield: 4-6 servings as a side dish
- 1/2 head of lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 palmitos (hearts of palm), sliced
- 10 black olives (preferably botija)
- juice of 1 lime
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Prep ingredients and place in a salad bowl.
- Season with lime juice, olive oil and salt.