This crustless morcilla & kale quiche is a very tasty and easy to make 3-ingredient breakfast.
It freezes well if you choose to keep it for longer than a few days. If you don’t like morcilla (blood sausage) you can use chorizo or your favourite sausage, just keep in mind you might have to use more than two if they’re thin.
Crustless morcilla & kale quiche
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 gluten-free morcillas blood sausages
- 14 eggs
- 1 small bunch curly kale purple or green
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee or butter in a pan. Remove morcillas from their casing and cook for a couple of minutes. The blood will stick to the pan, it's okay but do not let it burn.
- Remove kale stems and chop leaves. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes or in the pan, covered, until soft.
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix with the morcilla and kale.
- Melt the other tablespoon of ghee or butter and grease the bottom of a large pyrex container. Pour the quiche mixture and bake until set, 40 - 50 minutes.
- Cut in portions and serve, or keep in the fridge/freezer for later.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.