Banana pancakes are the perhaps the easiest pancakes you’ll ever make. This recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free.
The basic recipe has only 2 ingredients: banana and eggs. That’s 1 serve of fruit and 1 serve of protein foods ticked off for the day. I add cinnamon because I love its taste and it helps control blood sugar.
Ripe bananas work best for this recipe, as they are easier to mash. Smaller pancakes are easier to flip. If you are like me and the sweetness of the banana is enough, you can use unsweetened yoghurt (e.g. YoPro or Rokeby Farms) or peanut butter (e.g. Mayver’s) as toppings. These will also increase the protein content of the meal. Otherwise, feel free to use honey, maple syrup or any other topping of your choice.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ghee or olive oil
- honey or maple syrup or Greek yoghurt or peanut butter
- Mash banana and eggs using a food processor, blender, potato masher or fork. Try to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Heat ghee or olive oil in a pan, pour about 1/3 cup of batter and cook until it has firmed up and it’s easy to flip.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with your chosen topping.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.