This asparagus and feta frittata is a quick breakfast you can make on the weekend and refrigerate to eat during the week. It’s a great way of consuming quality protein, calcium and vegetables in the morning. Of course, you can also pair it with a salad to have it for lunch or dinner.
You can use this same basic recipe as a template and substitute your favourite vegetable and cheese. Feel free to add your favourite herbs and spices, too.
Asparagus and feta frittata
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 large eggs
- 100 g feta cheese I used sheep’s milk feta
- salt and pepper
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- Cut off woody ends of asparagus and chop stalks in 2-3 cm pieces.
- Steam asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Remember feta cheese is quite salty.
- Oil the bottom and sides of a baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Spread asparagus on the dish, top with crumbed feta and pour eggs on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set and golden brown.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.