Here’s an easy side dish that goes well with anything you would normally pair potato mash with.
And here’s a mini-tutorial on how to deal with garlic in a quick and easy way. Refer to the numbers in the photo below.
- Separate cloves from the bulb.
- Chop the rough end (bottom end in photo).
- Split clove in half.
- Peel clove (this will be very easy now) and remove germ (that green stem in the middle, which is the cause of gut discomfort).
Swede garlic mash
- 1 large swede (3-4 cups, cubed)
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and halved (see instructions above)
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- sea salt
- Peel and cube swedes. Steam until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt ghee or butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Add garlic cloves and cook gently for 8 – 10 minutes until browned but not burnt.
- Process everything in food processor, season with sea salt.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.