Okay, I lied. There are no wontons in this soup. But I got the inspiration from the Cantonese-style wonton soups that are so popular in Perú. This nourishing soup is perfect for a cold day, or when you’re feeling under the weather.
Low-carb wonton soup
- 600 g chicken breast
- 500 g pork mince
- coconut amino sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5cm piece ginger
- 3 litres chicken broth
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions
- Cut chicken breast in thin stir-fry slices. Place in a bowl and season with 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Place ground pork in a bowl and season with 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a big pot on high heat, stir-fry chicken and reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in the same pot on high heat, brown pork and reserve.
- Slice ginger and add to the pot. Chop green onions and add the white part to the pot. Add the meats and chicken broth, boil for 10 minutes.
- Chop Chinese cabbage in large pieces and add to the pot. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with green onions and add coconut aminos to taste.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.