This smoky eggplant dip is essentially a shortcut version of one of my favourite dips ever: baba ghanoush. Specially formulated for those days when you don’t have the time or equipment to make the real deal.
Instead of imparting a smoky flavour by actually charring the eggplant, this recipe relies on smoked paprika and smoked salt, two of my favourite ingredients.
Smokey eggplant dip
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp smoked salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Cut stem off eggplant and place them whole in a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.
- Wrap garlic cloves in foil and place next to eggplant.
- Roast eggplant until very soft (20-30 minutes).
- Place eggplant in a food processor. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves out of their skin into the processor. Add rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Check seasoning, let cool down and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.