Ground beef and cabbage is a simple nutritious recipe you can make on a week night using ingredients that are easy to come by.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb. You can substitute the beef mince for any other kind of mince, including plant-based alternatives.
You can also use pre-shredded cabbage or a coleslaw mix instead of shredding your own cabbage.
Ground beef and cabbage
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1- inch piece ginger minced
- 1/2 small red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 small green cabbage shredded
- 6 green onions cut in long segments
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat oil in a pan, brown beef.
- Add garlic and ginger, mix well until beef has finished cooking.
- Add cabbage, stir until cooked through.
- Add green onions, stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Turn off heat, add tamari, fish sauce and lime juice, stir and serve.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.