This roasted broccoli, lentil & corn salad with miso dressing is a great salad or side dish for the cooler months.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy free and vegan. It does contain some protein from the lentils but I recommend you add more protein to make it a meal. My personal favourite is eggs, but you can add tofu as a vegan option.
Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese condiment that usually contains chilli powder, citrus zest and sesame seeds. If you don’t have it you can sub regular chilli flakes plus sesame seeds, or just sesame seeds if you don’t like spicy food.
Roasted broccoli, lentil & corn salad with miso dressing
- 2 small broccoli
- 2/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 can lentils
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tsp miso
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari or other soy sauce
- Shichimi togarashi see above for substitutions
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Break broccoli into florets and place in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast until starting to char, about 15 minutes.
- While broccoli cooks, cook corn in the microwave or stove for 1-2 minutes.
- Optional: warm up lentils in the microwave.
- Whisk dressing ingredients.
- Mix broccoli, corn and lentils, stir in dressing.
- Halve tomatoes and add to the salad.
- Serve with a sprinkle of shichimi togarashi or sesame seeds.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.