Wondering how you can consume 5 serves of vegetables? Do you want to sneak more veggies into your kids’ diet? Although these zucchini & carrot brownies are a once-in-a-while treat, they are a certainly a healthier alternative to regular dessert.
The texture of these brownies is on the soft, cake-y side due to the coconut flour. If you prefer denser brownies, keep your eyes peeled for upcoming recipes.
Zucchini & carrot brownies
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil + splash for greasing
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee
- 50 g dark chocolate 85% cacao recommended, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- Grate zucchini, squeeze water out with the help of a colander, place in a bowl.
- Grate carrot, mix with zucchini.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, coconut oil, coffee, chocolate and pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs and add to rest of ingredients.
- Oil bottom and sides of a baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm.
- Cut into 8-12 squares and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.