Another soup for me to use up one of my least favourite vegetables: zucchini. This time I came up with a vegan zucchini soup with corn and coriander based on the flavour of Peruvian green tamales.
As with my zucchini and leek soup, this one is vegan (therefore automatically dairy-free), gluten-free and low in calories. It is also low in protein so I recommend adding some protein or eating it as a side dish.
Vegan zucchini and corn soup
- Immersion blender a.k.a. stick blender, or food processor
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions white and light green part only, sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 small bunch coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper to taste`
- Heat olive oil in a pot at medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and zucchini, cook for another 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add corn, coriander, spices and stock. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add some black pepper and blend with a stick blender or in a food processor. Adjust seasoning and serve.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.