I have a confession to make: I don’t like zucchini. I can eat it, but it’s not my favourite vegetable. I find it has to be either roasted or sautéed in olive oil for me to like it. This vegan zucchini and leek soup has enough flavour to make me actually want to eat zucchini all day long.
This soup is vegan (therefore automatically dairy-free), gluten-free and low in calories. It is also low in protein so I recommend adding some protein or eating it as a side dish. If you’re not vegan, feel free to add some grated hard cheese such as Parmesan or Pecorino for added flavour.
Vegan zucchini and leek soup
- Immersion blender a.k.a. stick blender, or food processor
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek halved and sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper to taste`
- Heat olive oil in a pot at medium heat.
- Add leek and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add zucchini and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add thyme, tarragon, salt and stock. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add some black pepper and blend with a stick blender or in a food processor. Adjust seasoning and serve.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.