This spiced lamb is a Middle-Eastern inspired protein source that pairs well with cauliflower hummus or regular hummus. If hummus is not your thing, you can eat this lamb with vegetables and/or rice, quinoa or other grains.
This recipe is gluten-free, high in protein and low-carb. If you don’t like lamb, you can use beef mince instead. You can use a plant-based substitute but check ingredients as some of them are highly processed. You can also use lentils or other legumes instead of the mince with the same aromatics and spices.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a pan at low-medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add lamb, increase heat to medium-high and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add spices, check seasoning and serve with hummus.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.