This is another recipe featuring one of the wonderful sustainable Saltverk Icelandic sea salts. Once again, I relied on the internet to tell me which foods are common in Iceland and put a bunch of them together in dish that is easy to make, healthy and delicious.
If you have never poached fish before, I encourage to give it a try. The trick is to use a flavourful sauce or dressing to make the fish shine.
I used Spud Lite potatoes for this recipe for a slighter lower carb meal, but you can use whichever potatoes you can get your hands on.
Smokey poached salmon and potato salad
- Fresh dill or chives chopped
- In a pot or deep saucepan, pour enough water to cover salmon fillets. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and chives, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, turn off heat, add salmon fillets and cover. Set timer to 15 minutes.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Boil or steam until fully cooked (10-15 minutes).
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients or shaking them in a jar until fully emulsified.
- Serve greens and cabbage on a plate. Top with warm potatoes and salmon, drizzle dressing and finish with Saltverk birch smoked sea salt, pepper and chopped dill or chives.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.