This is another recipe featuring one of the wonderful sustainable Saltverk Icelandic sea salts. Once again, I relied on the internet to tell me which foods are common in Iceland and put a bunch of them together in dish that is easy to make, healthy and delicious.
If you have never poached fish before, I encourage to give it a try. The trick is to use a flavourful sauce or dressing to make the fish shine.
I used Spud Lite potatoes for this recipe for a slighter lower carb meal, but you can use whichever potatoes you can get your hands on.
Smokey poached salmon and potato salad
- Fresh dill or chives, chopped
- In a pot or deep saucepan, pour enough water to cover salmon fillets. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and chives, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, turn off heat, add salmon fillets and cover. Set timer to 15 minutes.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Boil or steam until fully cooked (10-15 minutes).
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients or shaking them in a jar until fully emulsified.
- Serve greens and cabbage on a plate. Top with warm potatoes and salmon, drizzle dressing and finish with Saltverk birch smoked sea salt, pepper and chopped dill or chives.