There are only a few things that can mess with my willpower and usual tendency to eat sensibly. One of the biggies: dark chocolate-covered coffee beans. That’s the reason I (almost) never buy them.
One night I was studying and I felt like I *needed* my cacao-caffeine fix, but all the shops were closed. I came up with this super simple, quick and dangerous alternative.
Chocolate coffee bites
- 100 g dark chocolate min 70% cacao, 85% recommended
- 1 tbsp ground coffee coarsely ground for plunger recommended
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Break chocolate in small pieces with your hands, place in a bowl.
- Boil some water in a pot, turn the heat off and place the bowl over the pot to melt the chocolate, stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in the coffee and cacao nibs.
- Pour in an ice tray (I make mine in a lemon slice-shaped silicone tray that yields 6 big portions). Alternatively you can use a small rectangular tray and chop it up before serving. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer.
- Wait patiently until set and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.