This soup was inspired by this wonderful beet hummus. While thinking about what to make for dinner one night I remembered I had extra roasted beetroot and lemons in my fridge, and that recipe automatically came to mind.
Beetroot hummus soup
- 2 medium beetroots roasted
- 2 cloves garlic roasted
- 4 cup bone broth or beef/chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp tahini
- If you haven't roasted your beetroots and garlic: wrap them (unpeeled) in foil and place in the oven at 180° until soft (30 – 40 minutes), then peel.
- Process beetroot, garlic, broth, lemon juice and cumin until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a spoonful of tahini in the centre of the bowl.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.