This soup was inspired by this wonderful beet hummus. While thinking about what to make for dinner one night I remembered I had extra roasted beetroot and lemons in my fridge, and that recipe automatically came to mind.
Adapted from Chocolate & Zucchini
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium beetroots, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- 4 cups bone broth (or beef/chicken/vegetable stock)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- If you haven’t roasted your beetroots and garlic: wrap them (unpeeled) in foil and place in the oven at 180° until soft (30 – 40 minutes), then peel.
- Process beetroot, garlic, broth, lemon juice and cumin until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a spoonful of tahini in the centre of the bowl.