I love sweet potatotes. My favourite way of eating them is to cube them and roast them in the oven for a few hours until they dry out and become crunchy. I heard once that crunchy food = fun food and soft food = comfort food. I could not agree more.
I’ve tried making sweet potato fries before but because of the high water content, they don’t turn as crunchy as regular potato fries. I thought drying them out in the oven before frying them would do the trick, and it did, although they didn’t remain crunchy for too long. They were still delicious. We ate them dipped in macadamia oil aioli, as a side to beef/bacon bugers with beetroot and pineapple and a big-ass salad.
Sweet potato fries
- sweet potatoes
- ghee, butter or bacon fat
- sea salt
- Cut sweet potatoes in "fries" shape.
- Bake in the oven at 180° for approximately 30 minutes. They should be fully cooked and have a dry surface (see photo above).
- Heat fat in a pan and fry the sweet potatoes until browned and crunchy.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.