Chrissy’s Cuts sausages are made with quality cuts of meat that come from ethically farmed free-range and grass-fed animals. In addition, they do not contain any fillers, flours, nitrates or additives. I love her tagline “because meat shouldn’t be a mystery”.
The current varieties on offer are beef brisket with smuggled greens and pork shoulder with bacon and maple syrup (killer combo!). I got a pack of the latter to sample. As you can see from the photo below, the ingredients list is super clean.
Instead of just cooking the sausages and throwing them on a pile of coleslaw (my default modus operandi), I decided to use them to make a version of a breakfast that I’ve been digging lately: Scotch eggs. I normally use pork mince and season it with herbs and spices, but these sausages made everything so much easier. This can literally be a 2-ingredient recipe (if you serve it sans dipping sauce), and works beautifully for breakfast, as party/picnic food or as a snack on the go.
Bacon & maple Scotch eggs with chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 pack Chrissy's Cuts pork shoulder with bacon and maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise homemade if possible
- 1/8-1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- Hard-boil the eggs to your liking. Here's my method: put in a pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil and wait 2 minutes. Turn heat off, leave eggs in the pot for 20 minutes. Drain water off the pot, leave eggs to cool down for approximately 50 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Squeeze sausage contents from the casings. Divide in 4 even portions.
- Extend a portion flat in the palm of your hand, forming a circle. Place an egg on top and wrap it with the meat. Make sure the coating is even and there are no gaps.
- Put wrapped eggs on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Mix mayonnaise and chipotle powder.
- Dip eggs in chipotle mayonnaise and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.