No bake low carb cherry cheesecake is a quick and easy recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth during the summer months.
This recipe is vegetarian, high in protein and free of added sugar. It is not low carb or keto, but all the sugar comes from the cherries so there’s no need for you to feel guilty.
I used Natvia natural sweetener, but feel free to use your favourite. I recommend using stevia and/or monkfruit.
Final note on ingredients: different brands of cottage cheese have different amounts of water and fat. Therefore, the recipe calls for a variable amount of water to be used when whipping the cheese. You are shooting for a creamy and light texture.
No bake low carb cherry cheesecake
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 4 sachets natural sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp water
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup cherries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp tapioca starch optional
- Get 3 pretty glasses, preferably with a flat bottom.
- Melt butter in the microwave (it should take around 30 seconds) and mix with almond meal. Press on the bottom of glasses.
- Refrigerate while you prep the rest of ingredients.
Make the sauce
- Make the sauce: cut cherries in half and take seeds off. Place in a small saucepan with water, simmer for about 8 minutes.
- If using tapioca starch, mix well and simmer for another couple of minutes. Otherwise, keep simmering for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid. Take off heat and let cool down.
Make cheese layer
- Place cottage cheese, sweetener and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl. Beat with a whisk or spoon. Add an extra tbsp of water if you want a creamier texture.
- Take glasses out of the fridge, distribute cheese mixture on top, followed by sauce.
- Serve chilled.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.