Once again I had the good fortune of being invited to attend the Gluten Free Expo 2019, an annual event organised by Coeliac Australia in all major cities across the country.
This event aims to educate people, particularly those with Coeliac Disease and gluten intolerance, on how to navigate a gluten-free diet. This is achieved via talks, cooking demos and a wide variety of exhibitors who showcase their products.
The expo normally takes place on a weekend. The first visitors get a show bag with several products and brochures. Exhibitors have plenty of samples for you to try before you buy, as well as attractive pricing on their products. In addition, there are a number of stalls selling food and drinks in case you are still hungry after all the samples.
Gluten Free Expo 2019 highlights
- Happy Snack Company: who have added to their always good range of roasted chickpeas and fava beans snacks chocolate-coated chickpeas
- Hart and Soul: with their range of all natural great tasting soups
- Orgran: with their new (to me) range of sugar-free cereal and cookies
- PomPom Paddock: a new company offering a cauliflower/flour mix for sweet and savoury purposes. We tried brownies made with the flour and can confirm you can’t taste the cauliflower.
- Senza Wellness Foods: whose pizzas were incredibly popular, followed by their garlic bread
- Schnitzer Bread: perhaps the best tasting bread this year
- TWØBAYS BREWING Co: a new player in the GF beer market, now available in NSW
Check out my Instagram posts below for some photos of what was available at the expo.