Puré de espinaca is such an easy and middle-class recipe that I’m almost ashamed of posting it. But it brings warm memories of my childhood and of food from home. Eat with roast chicken, burger patties, fried eggs… whatever you fancy!
Puré de espinaca
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 0.5 kg potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 0.5 cup chicken broth or milk
- 1-1.5 cups spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, cube and cook potatoes.
- Mash potatoes while hot, add butter and mix.
- Heat up broth/milk, pour over spinach in a blender and blend until puréed.
- Add spinach mix to potatoes, mix well and season.