These gingerbread bliss balls are a great treat to make in the holiday season. This is mainly because unlike actual gingerbread, you don’t have to rely on baking nor decorating skills. Make a batch or two to enjoy during the holidays or to give as gifts.
I like using dry roasted nuts mainly for flavour. Feel free to use raw nuts if that’s what you have on hand. You may also use regular dried dates instead of Medjool but you may need to soak them in hot water and then drain them to soften them up.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Gingerbread bliss balls
- food processor
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Place dates and warm water in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times until the dates are broken down in small pieces.
- Add rest of the ingredients and process until they start forming a large ball. You will need to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl a few times. Add a little more water if needed.
- Form golf-sized balls with your hands and enjoy, or keep in the fridge if not eating on the same day.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.