This chicken Caesar salad for one is a great weekday lunch you can put together in very little time. It also scales well to share with your partner or family.
Caesar salad is not the most nutritious salad when it comes to veggies as the only one is cos lettuce. Feel free to substitute your favourite salad leaves, preferably on the sturdy side, such as radicchio or massaged kale.
To save time, I use ready-made mayonnaise, which I usually make with cold pressed walnut or macadamia oil. If can also use pre-boiled eggs to save some more time.
For the toasted “croutons” you can use any kind of bread you like. We tend to use sliced grain-free breads we buy in health food shops.
This recipe can be made gluten-free depending on the bread you use.
Chicken Caesar salad for one
- 150-180 g chicken tenders (or boneless skinless chicken breast)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 anchovy fillet (packed in extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- few drops hot sauce (optional)
- 1 head of baby cos (a.k.a. romaine) lettuce (or 1/2 head of regular cos lettuce)
- slice of bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Boil egg.
- Make dressing by finely mincing the anchovy fillet and mixing it with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1 tbsp Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce and optional hot sauce.
- Heat olive oil and cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle (3-5 minutes per side).
- While chicken cooks, cut bread into 2cm squares and toast in a toaster oven, regular oven or frying pan.
- Tear lettuce with your hands and place in a bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss with dressing and mix well.
- Arrange lettuce on a plate, topped with toasted bread "croutons", chicken and boiled egg (halved or quartered). Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan and enjoy.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.