I travelled to Melbourne to visit my sister on the first 2 days of 5S. My initial thought was to stick as much as possible to the protocol, but soon I realised it was better to just eat paleo-friendly. We had a few amazing meals, some great wine and, most importantly, precious time together.
- Lost 8mm off my waist, 3mm off my thigh and 1.1kg. Put 7mm on my hips.
- I lost my Fitbit on the first day of 3S. Losing a device that costed $130 sucks, but it’s a relief in a way, something less to obsess about.
- I got better from my cold but too much food and drink in Melbourne made my digestion sluggish.
- I also got better from my back injury but had my training program modified to upper body stuff, light power snatches and cleans and no squats.
- I started the March Charge with friends from uni. It’s a fundraising campaign to help beat cancer, where you sign up to run, swim or cycle X kilometres, and people donate money to sponsor your efforts. Unfortunately for me, my team signed up to run (I suck at running and it’s not great for my weightlifting training). If you want to encourage me to not give up, you can donate here. Thanks in advance!
5S breakfast from Practical Paleo
If you’re interested in learning more about AltShift, head to 30kview.com.