This octopus salad with quick chimichurri is the perfect option when you want a tasty lunch that looks fancy and takes little effort to make.
The preparation time for this recipe varies depending on how many shortcuts you use. I used three:
- I used pre-cooked octopus slices bought at my local Woolies. You can cook your own octopus if you prefer.
- For the quick chimichurri I used Bondi Heat Carolina Reaper chilli oil as it contains extra virgin olive oil, chilli and garlic. If you don’t have any available, you can use the same amount of extra virgin olive oil plus chilli flakes and minced garlic to taste.
- I used leftover potatoes that had been steamed and then baked.
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. Feel free to substitute the octopus for a different source of protein, such as fish, grilled haloumi or sliced steak.
Octopus salad with quick chimichurri
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 10 green olives
- 100g cooked and sliced octopus
- 1 medium potato
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp thyme or oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp Bondi Heat chilli oil (read above for substitution)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cut the potato in large chunks and cook to your liking (e.g. steam, boil and/or bake). You can used leftover cooked potato, which will cut down the preparation time.
- Chop chimichurri herbs finely, place in a small bowl with the chilli oil, vinegar and salt. Mix well and let sit.
- Plate salad ingredients and drizzle with chimichurri.