We Feed You ready meals are a new(ish) option for those seeking healthy and nutritious meals delivered to their home or work.
We Feed You ready meals
We Feed You meals are developed and cooked by a chef and a dietitian. The company is based in Melbourne and the meals are delivered to several cities in Australia, including Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
As mentioned above, the meals are frozen, which guarantees that the meals will keep for longer and that nutrients are preserved until you eat them. Yes, this also means that the texture of some meals will suffer a little, but for the most part they have been smart in picking dishes that freeze and reheat well.
The meals do not contain preservatives and use healthy oils such as olive oil.
Having a dietitian in the company means they can cater for specific dietary requirements accurately. At the moment, you can choose meals for the following special diets:
- Active lifestyle
- Diabetic friendly
- Gluten free
- High protein – low carb
- Lactose free
- Less than 1600 kJ
- Low FODMAP
- Onion & garlic free
Packaging and delivery
The meals come in a box with ice blocks and wrapped in insulating material. Depending on the day of delivery, you can choose an overnight time slot so that you can pick them up when you wake up, which is very convenient.
The meals themselves come in trays sealed with plastic film on top. They have a cardboard sleeve with the label, nutrition information, reheating instructions, etc. They can be reheated in a microwave oven frozen or thawed.
Below are the meals I have ordered in the past:
- Aromatic Fish Curry w/ Turmeric, Tomato & Rice
- Chilli Beef Con Carne w/ Green Peppers & Sweetcorn
- Country Chicken Stew w/ Broccoli & Carrot
- Japanese Fish Broth w/ Sweet Potato Noodles & Roasted Sesame Broccoli
- Just Bolognese Sauce – Packed w/ Beef Mince & Veggies
- Lamb & Eggplant Moussaka with Zucchini, Spices & Pine Nuts
- Moroccan Chicken w/ Quinoa, Green Olives, Tomato & Lemon
- Pork & Sweet Potato with Green Beans & Thyme
- Satay Lemongrass Pork w/ Green Beans & Brown Rice
- Slow Cooked Beef w/ Green Beans & Cherry Tomatoes
- Slow Cooked Lamb & Rosemary Stew w, Broccoli & Potatoes
- Teriyaki Chicken w/ Edamame, Wombok & Rice
We have enjoyed all the meals, but naturally have some preferences. Some of our favourites are the satay lemongrass pork, Japanese fish broth, chilli beef and Moroccan chicken. The bolognese is great because it comes on its own so that you can throw it on any kind of pasta, rice or vegetables.
Click here to get $20 off your first order or to learn more about We Feed You.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you use them to purchase a product, I will get a commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to products that I personally use and/or recommend.