Dinnerly meal kits were launched by Marley Spoon in 2007. As the self-proclaimed “most affordable meal kit in Australia”, Dinnerly offers convenience and quality ingredients at a cheaper price.
Dinnerly meal kits
Dinnerly offers two plans: 2-person and 4-person box. For each of them you can choose from 3, 4 or 5 meals per week.
Price per meal
The price per meal, including shipping, is in the graph below.
The following tags will help you identify which meals to choose:
- Dairy free
- Kid friendly
- Low carb
- No added gluten
- One pot meal
- Under 30 minutes
You can set up your taste profile so that only matching meals show up in each week’s selection. The options are:
- I am vegetarian – exclude meat
- I like pork
- I like beef
- I like poultry
- I like lamb
- I like shellfish
- I like fish
- I like spicy
My Dinnerly meal kits experience
- There is some variety but not as much as in HelloFresh or Marley Spoon
- There are few gluten-free lower-carb options (my preference)
- Produce and pantry items are not packaged separately by recipe. This is good from a sustainability perspective (less packaging), but makes the cooking process a little harder.
- Meat, dairy, etc. come in a separate bag with ice packs to keep them fresh
Recipes and instructions
- Recipes don’t come printed out. Again, a point for sustainability but a point against ease of cooking.
Taste and portion size
- Most recipes tasted great
- Portion sizes were not consistent, with some meals being fairly small and some regular-sized
For more general information about meal kits, check out this post.
For more information go to Dinnerly’s website.
If you need nutrition advice, click here to check out our range of available services.