Dinnerly meal kits were launched by Marley Spoon in 2007. As the self-proclaimed “most affordable meal kit in Australia”, Dinnerly offers convenience and quality ingredients at a cheaper price.
Dinnerly meal kits
Dinnerly offers two plans: 2-person and 4-person box. For each of them you can choose from 3, 4 or 5 meals per week.
Price per meal
The price per meal, including shipping, is in the graph below.
The following tags will help you identify which meals to choose:
- Dairy free
- Kid friendly
- Low carb
- No added gluten
- One pot meal
- Under 30 minutes
You can set up your taste profile so that only matching meals show up in each week’s selection. The options are:
- I am vegetarian – exclude meat
- I like pork
- I like beef
- I like poultry
- I like lamb
- I like shellfish
- I like fish
- I like spicy
My Dinnerly meal kits experience
- There is some variety but not as much as in HelloFresh or Marley Spoon
- There are few gluten-free lower-carb options (my preference)
- Produce and pantry items are not packaged separately by recipe. This is good from a sustainability perspective (less packaging), but makes the cooking process a little harder.
- Meat, dairy, etc. come in a separate bag with ice packs to keep them fresh
Recipes and instructions
- Recipes don’t come printed out. Again, a point for sustainability but a point against ease of cooking.
Taste and portion size
- Most recipes tasted great
- Portion sizes were not consistent, with some meals being fairly small and some regular-sized
For more general information about meal kits, check out this post.
For more information go to Dinnerly’s website.